Nothing completes a sunny summer day (or any day ending in ‘y’) like a glorious heap of guacamole perched upon a perfectly crunchy tortilla chip. And if you want to make your green dip of the gods even more summery, I suggest adding in some sweet and tart mango chunks.
Mmm, mango. As much as I heart avocados, I may love my mangos even more. And they love me right back. A close relative of the cashew and pistachio (somehow), mangos are not just packed with a buttload of vitamin A and C, they also help prevent cancer, they’re good for fighting pimples, and bad cholesterol and diabetes. Check it.
Added bonus: the mango juices also seem to help keep the guac from turning that lovely, unappetizing shade of brown it tends toward.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 small mangos, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 Tbsps red onion, diced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Lime juice, to taste
- Throw away the pits and scoop the flesh of the avocados into a bowl.
- Add about a tablespoon of the lime juice, and smash it up until it’s as smooth as you prefer.
- Carefully stir in your remaining ingredients and taste test. If you like, add in more lime juice.
- Max on your yummy dip and bask in your culinary victory.
Thanks for taking pictures of, and eating, my dip even though avocados make your tongue itch, Miles Pfefferle. You’re the bestest.